The Secrétariat à l’implantation de la Stratégie maritime undertakes to ensure the accessibility of the contents disseminated on this website. It is striving to ensure that the website and all of its current and future content comply with government accessibility standards.
This website complies with the requirements stipulated in the Québec public administration standard entitled Standard sur l’accessibilité d’un site Web (SGQRI 008-01).
- it is possible to navigate on the website using a keyboard;
- the font size can be increased using the navigator;
- the contrast between the text and the background is sufficient for individuals experiencing visual problems such as colour blindness;
- blind individuals who rely on physical aids such as refreshable Braille display and software such as screen-to-speech software can also consult the informational content on the website;
- descriptions are added to the images that relay the information;
- the contents of the Web pages are presented using a style sheet and comply with the Cascading Style Sheets, level 3 (CSS3) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C);
- the website uses HTML 5 markup language.
As of June 2, 2015, certain downloadable Portable Document Format (PDF) documents may not comply with the Standard sur l’accessibilité d’un document téléchargeable (SGQRI-008-02) and may not be accessible. However, efforts are being made to make forthcoming documents placed online accessible and compliant with the standard or to offer accessible replacement versions.
Upon request, we can transmit an accessible version of a document. Please contact us.
The Secrétariat à l’implantation de la Stratégie maritime cannot, however, guarantee access to certain content from third parties that are not subject to government accessibility standards.
Verification of the website’s compliance
The website’s compliance with government accessibility standards has been verified by means of technical evaluations of HTML code and functional assessments carried out with screen readers.
The following tools were used to conduct the evaluations:
- W3C validator ( http://validator.w3.org/)
- Chrome 43.0.2357.65
- Web Developer 1.1.9
- Firefox 3.6.16 to 38.0.1 (PC and Mac) and the following plug-ins:
- Firefox Accessibility Extension 1.5.62
- Complex table markup 1.8.1
- Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11 (PC)
- Safari 8.0.4 (Mac only)
- Color Contrast Analyser 2.0
- Jaws 13
- NVDA 2011.1
Here is the meaning of the icons used on the website:
- : The following link opens a new window.