Thank you for visiting our website and becoming acquainted with our confidentiality policy. The Secrétariat à l’implantation de la Stratégie maritime does not place cookies on the hard drives of visitors’ computers. What is more, no personal information is collected unless the Internet user agrees to it beforehand.
The information transmitted automatically between computers does not make it possible to identify you personally. Such information is only collected because of the technological requirements inherent in Web navigation and is used for statistical purposes.
INFORMATION TRANSMITTED AUTOMATICALLY
You should be aware that as soon as you access the www.stratégiemaritime.gouv.qc.ca website, an information exchange occurs automatically without your intervention between your computer the server of the government portal. This information does not identify you personally. The following information is exchanged:
- the Web domain name, e.g. “companyx.com” if you use a private Internet access account or “university.edu” if you access the Internet through a university and your IP address, which is a number that your Internet service provider automatically assigns to your computer every time you navigate on the Web, with which you access our site;
- the type of browser and the operating system used to access our website;
- the date and time at which you access our site;
- the pages that you visit; and
- if you access the www.stratégiemaritime.gouv.qc.ca website from another site, the address of the site (the referrer).
This exchange of information is necessary to enable the server to transmit a compatible file to the computer equipment that you are using. Moreover, the department preserves the information needed to count the number of visitors, the pages most frequently visited, the technology used by the portal’s clientele, the referencing websites, and the Web surfers’ countries of origin.
IF YOU TRANSMIT TO US PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to transmit person information by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out a form and submitting it to our website, we only use the information necessary to respond to your message and ensure follow-up to it. The same confidentiality measures apply to the handling of emails as to regular mail.
Only the individuals responsible for responding to your message and ensuring follow-up to it may access such personal information. The personal information transmitted is only communicated to another government body when your request is addressed to the body or such communication is required by law. The information transmitted is not under any circumstances used to create user profiles and is not transmitted to any private agency.
HYPERLINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you have comments or questions, you can at any time use the email address that appears on all pages of our website using the “Write to us” button.
TO OBTAIN ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Loi sur l’accès aux documents des organismes publics et sur la protection des renseignements personnels
- Site de la Commission d’accès à l’information : Politique de confidentialité
- L’accès à l’information et la confidentialité des renseignements personnels
- Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés : Vos traces… Découvrez comment vous êtes pistés sur Internet (France)